I read this article recently discusses life changes one can make that can improve longevity. Some of them were rather interesting. Here are ways I could increase my life expectancy
- Live in a small rural area — I assume this means less city-folk diseases! Just sheep ones.
- Make less than $50k/year. As the wise man once told me “mo’ money mo’ problems”.
- Get a professional degree. Education is often listed as a top correlating value with longevity
- Continue working past 65. I attended an interesting seminar on one’s “Power Years“. Main point: life is a journey, not a destination. Prepare to change courses often.
- Live with a spouse/friend.
- Exercise at least 5x week for 30 min. Even if it is walking — get the blood flowing.
- Listen to you body when you sleep. Sleep no more or less than 8 hours. You should be able to wake up naturally on time without an alarm clock if you are well-rested. The father of REM has an excellent book on the subject.